Re: [Phys-l] Relationships versus relations

(1) Gene needs to do a recount. I just went through my posts and did not see any cases where I used relation or relationship. I may be forgetful and blind, but I didn't remember using the words, and didn't see where I used them.

(2) Wikipedia and Wictionary seem to use the two words interchangeably for equations/math. Merriam-Webster at one point says relationship is commonly used in places where relation would be better.

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Physics and Chemistry
Bluffton University
Bluffton, OH 45817