Re: [Phys-l] Equations

Larry Smith quoted a passage concerning the Ohm's Law equation from a
textbook.

Larry, what book is that? I am intrigued not only for the wording of
cause/effect, but also because of the use of delta-V. I keep telling
students of cases where the textbook should be writing delta-something,
but they just write something, and that isn't such a good idea. I
haven't seen any textbooks that get serious about writing delta when
they should. Does this textbook also use delta in other places it
should be used, such as delta-U(spring) = 1/2 k delta-(x^2)?

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Chemistry and Physics
Bluffton University
Bluffton, OH 45817