Re: [Phys-l] teaching different descriptions of "reality"

>>Jack Uretsky wrote:
>>

>>> The answer to your question is, "No". ...

> On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Bernard Cleyet wrote:
>>Huh?
>>
>>Just today (before reading the below) someone * at UCSC told me it was
>>virtual photons.

What about BC's underlying question? I also am sure I have heard from reliable sources that the Coulomb force is mediated by the exchange of virtual photons, although I've never really understood what was meant by that.

Is this not an accepted view any more? Or is "exchange of virtual particles" somehow not really the same as "due to particle exchange"?

Cheers,
--James
--
Dr. James McLean phone: (585) 245-5897
Dept. of Physics and Astronomy FAX: (585) 245-5288