Re: [Phys-l] teaching different descriptions of "reality"

reading about what is real reminds me David Bohm lectured on this -- I've got the tape somewhere. "Wholeness and the Implicate Order"?

bc, perhaps about to reveal his ignorance:

p.s. curious, since the G force is inverse square (or at least very long range) it along w/ EM rad. must be mediated by massless particles, n'est pas?

Brian Blais wrote:

Hello,

On a whim, I made an end-of-semester lecture for my general physics class, which I think could be taken in number of interesting directions. Near the end of the

cut

the point here is to reinforce the idea that physics is a description of reality, and the even if the concept is intuitive, it need not be "real" in any sense other than being useful. Force seems more intuitive to many people, but energy is used exclusively in QM.

any thoughts?

bb