Re: [Phys-l] Phys-l Digest, Vol 15, Issue 15

Another factor that has not been mentioned is absorption of a big fraction of solar energy in the glass itself. Assuming two lenses have the same diameter the one with shorter f would be thicker. To simplify, I am assuming that lenses are flat of the side of the sun. The lens with the longer f will transmit more solar energy.

Ludwik