Re: [Phys-l] fire starter from the sun

Interesting but I think misses the point of the original question which only specified focal length, so I suspect the person asking wasn't thinking of constant convergence at all. In fact, they might have been wondering whether convergence, another way a saying focal length, made a difference.

cheers

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College