Re: [Phys-l] fire starter from the sun

Exactly my point, since area is the issue, why cloud the conversation by referring to f-stop. It happens to have lens diameter in the formula, but it just introduces another factor which is not needed...Ockham perhaps is needed?

cheers

Joseph J. Bellina, Jr. Ph.D.
Professor of Physics
Saint Mary's College