[Phys-l] Missing universities

This is not a physics question, but I'm hoping that someone monitoring PHYS-L will have an explanation. Since last fall, whenever try to verify the physics department links at a whole cluster of universities in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, I get an error message saying that the university web server cannot be located. It seems really unusual to me that all of these entire universities could really be "off the air" so long, so I'm wondering if there is another explanation. (Some kind of "gap" in the internet preventing connections between here and there?)

Here are the places I can't get to:

In Pennsylvania: Bloomsburg, California, Cheney, Clarion, East Stroudsburg, Kutztown, Lock Haven, MIllersville, Shippensburg, Slippery Rock, West Chester.

In New Jersey: Kean, Monmouth, Rider, New Jersey City, Seton Hall.

Can anybody suggest why this might be?

Fred Lemmerhirt
Waubonsee Community College
Sugar Grove, Illinois