Re: [Phys-l] laptops banned from class.

-- "Anthony Lapinski" <Anthony_Lapinski@pds.org> wrote:
In my high school, I do many demos and activities. Students are also busy
writing that they miss half the things I say/do. So a few years ago I
began to give out my "lecture" notes to them. So they can just listen,
follow the lesson, and jot down a few things when necessary. They find the
handouts informative and very useful for test studying. It also helps a
kid who misses a day as I don't have to "reteach" what they missed.

As usual, Anthony's suggetion above is EXCELLENT. But why not go one stepfurther. Give students the entire year's lecture notes in advance so they do not need to come to any of your classes for the rest of the year??
Herb Gottlieb :-- )