[Phys-l] job opening- Vassar College

we just had a resignation of a tenured faculty (personal reasons) and are hiring for a visiting position for 2006-07 - its posted on

http://www.physicstoday.org/jobs/

but in case anyone is interested or knows anyone here is the description
we will have a tenure track line open the following year which this position could turn into for a successful candidate

it is also likely we will be hiring for two tenure track lines to start 2007 (next year we will do a another search)

all fields are welcome - but a priority is going to be one PER and one experimental

we may be able to hire a more senior position (associate with tenure) but that still has to be discussed and approved by the Dean.

Cindy Schwarz
Professor of Physics
Vassar College

feel free to email me for more info or to submit an application