Re: [Phys-l] Magnetic force and work

Joel wrote:

John, I'm interpreting what you said (above as well as in what I
snipped), as meaning that in dB/dt != 0 cases, as a matter of principle,
that it is the induced electric fields that do the work, not the
magnetic field. (in the classical world described above).

Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I'd say, but I can certainly imagine cases in which it might be easier to think about and/or calculate the work done in terms of dB/dt.

--
John "Slo" Mallinckrodt

Professor of Physics, Cal Poly Pomona
<http://www.csupomona.edu/~ajm>