Re: [Phys-l] iPod music compression (learning)

Actually, there may be something fundamental going on here. I think we know that learning is a process of making new synapses - connections - in the brain. A simple picture of retentive learning would involve the construction of connections. Probably the people involved with computer analogies to brain functions have written at length about such models.
Regards,
Jack