Re: [Phys-l] Suppression of Scientific Work (was Self Censorship in Human Immunology)

I am happy to note recognition of the mutually unbiased viewpoints of the UCS and Doonesbury. At least Doonesbury doesn't pretend otherwise.
James Mackey

Richard Hake wrote:

But "Undernews" need not go to out-of-date articles to find newsworthy evidence for the suppression of scientific work. The Union of Concerned Scientists [UCS (2006)] writes: "An unprecedented level of political interference threatens the integrity of government science. Because policy makers depend on impartial research to make informed decisions, we are mobilizing scientists and citizens alike to push for reforms that will protect our health, safety, and environment."

And for those who doubt the UCS, consider Doonesbury ! <http://www.uclick.com/client/sea/db/> (thanks to Bernard Cleyet).