Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:24:15-0800
To: <rrhake@earthlink.net>
From: tmartin@sfu.ca
Subject: Call For Papers extended & SFU's new Online MED in Imaginative Education

Dear all:

We have two announcements concerning Imaginative Education that we wanted to bring to your attention for your information and dissemination where appropriate.

EXTENDED DEADLINE FOR CALL FOR PROPOSAL [to the Imaginative Education Conference <http://www.ierg.net/confs/index.php?cf=1>: March 10th, 2006, midnight pacific time

To submit a 250 word proposal for a workshop, roundtable, paper or virtual paper to the Conference just go to: <http://www.ierg.net/confs/submit.php?cf=1>http://www.ierg.net/confs/submit.php?cf=1
To submit a maximum 5000 word paper to the Research Symposium, just go to <http://www.ierg.net/confs/submit.php?cf=3>http://www.ierg.net/confs/submit.php?cf=3

Simon Fraser University's Faculty of Education is pleased to announce a new on-line Master of Education (M.Ed.) program in Imaginative Education, taught by the Imaginative Education Research Group. We would be grateful if you will draw it to the attention of anyone you think might be interested. The summary of the program can be found as an Adobe PDF file at <<http://www.ierg.net/assets/documents/events-news/OVERVIEW_IMAG_ED_MED.pdf>http://www.ierg.net/assets/documents/events-news/OVERVIEW_IMAG_ED_MED.pdf>.

With thanks and best wishes,

Kieran Egan
Professor of Education
Canada Research Chair in Education
Imaginative Education Research Group
Faculty of Education
Simon Fraser University
<http://www.ierg.net

** At least one member of each of the addressed lists contributed to the provocative thread of September 2005 "Piaget & Dewey: Down for the Count?" For a summary see "Piaget & Dewey: Down for the Count? - 47 Responses" [Hake (2005)].

Of Egan's book "The Educated Mind: How Cognitive Tools Shape Our Understanding," Howard Gardner wrote: "Kieran Egan has one of the most original, penetrating, and capacious minds in education today. This book provides the best introduction to his important body of work." Gardner is scheduled to speak via interactive satellite at the upcoming Imaginative Education conference.

For a brief guide to Egan's "Imaginative Education" see <http://www.ierg.net/about/briefguide.html>.