Re: [Phys-l] pressure

I suspect the "s in your described searches are not there, but as separators in you sentence, i.e. I obtain only 573K for "stress tensor", 53.1K for "pressure tensor", and 577K for stress-tensor, 53.3K for pressure-tensor. Obviously " and - are approx. equivalent, as I expected. AND OTOH pressure tensor results in 1.19M, stress tensor 3.69M. This is also as I expect -- The correct comparison is w/ the "s; n'est pas?

bc, thinks he knows how to use GOOGLE

carmelo@pacific.net.sg wrote:

John Denker wrote:

Stress tensors outnumber pressure tensors by more than ten to one,
according to google:
http://www.google.com/search?q=pressure-tensor
http://www.google.com/search?q=stress-tensor

Hey John,
If you try google search with stress tensor and pressure tensor *without the hyphen*, then you'll find that there are 1,450,000 hits for "stress tensor"
and 1,210,000 hits for "pressure tensor"

Currently, there are more books according to Gary Oas' paper that are adopting "relativistic mass" rather than "invariant mass", so we should stick with relativistic mass?

Thanks for raising an interesting issue! Politics again? :-)

Alphonsus