Re: [Phys-l] geometry of spacetime (was: relativisitic mass ...)

John M wrote:
| The fact that that object *appears* to another observer to
| asymptotically approach the speed of light is the *observer's*
| problem!

Whatever this means, is it not in the same way the "object's" problem that
the left behind observer "appears" to asymptotically approach the speed of
light?

We understand that speed is a relative quantity and that the idea of an
"intrinsic" speed is without meaning or use. So what's the point?

Bob Sciamanda
Physics, Edinboro Univ of PA (Em)
http://www.winbeam.com/~trebor/
trebor@winbeam.com