Re: [Phys-l] A Silver Spoon.

My older son would be cheered by the thought of asking a
"Science Fair" question.
BC's mention of gamma activation reminded me of walking round
the McGill reactor years ago - where enthusiasts explained to me
the idea of neutron activation, which allows determination of
quite a few elements.

Surprising to suppose that a gas mantle would be a forbidden
object at a Science Fair. I can detect one even with a defence
survey meter.

Brian