Re: [Phys-l] Washington Times on NSA SAPs

Yeah, I heard that testimony live, if mem. serves, courtesy of the people's radio of the People's Republic of Berkeley. They preempt, sometimes for days, to give live complete coverage of what they think are important hearings, etc.

Regarding polit. list, note Mark's response below (point 2);

1)
Your recent message titled "Re: [Phys-l] Washington Times on NSA SAPs" was
held for moderation due to one or more addresses being listed as blind
carbon copies ( BCC: ). By default, the mail list will not allow those
messages to blindly go through. If you don't wish those messages to be
held, simply send one to the list and a second to your undisclosed
recipients.

2)

p.s. PHYS-L-POL; how do we do this?

Are you asking to setup a second list for Phys-L members. I would guess
the "POL" refers to political. I have no problem with this.

Mark
--
Mark O. Kimball
Gasparinilab, University at Buffalo | Low Temperature Physics

bc

p.s. after that Chechin got zapped by a Russian missile guided by his cell (satellite) 'phone emissions, I'll bet OBL gave away his 'phones!

John Mallinckrodt wrote:

bc wrote:

Do you think Osama et al. is ignorant about 'phone taps?

Not ignorant apparently, just forgetful. Witness the personally stated viewpoint of the chief law enforcement official of the most powerful nation on Earth under recent questioning:

BIDEN: General, how has this revelation damaged the program? I'm almost confused by it but, I mean, it seems to presuppose that these very sophisticated Al Qaida folks didn't think we were intercepting their phone calls.

I mean, I'm a little confused. How did it damage this?

GONZALES: Well, Senator, I would first refer to the experts in the Intel Committee who are making that statement, first of all. I'm just the lawyer.

And so, when the director of the CIA says this should really damage our intel capabilities, I would defer to that statement.

I think, based on my experience, it is true -- you would assume that the enemy is presuming that we are engaged in some kind of surveillance. But if they're not reminded about it all the time in the newspapers and in stories, they sometimes forget....