[Phys-l] Phys-L Post Inundation

When Phys-L was at Northern Arizona University (NAU) with archives at <http://lists.nau.edu/archives/phys-l.html>, I subscribed to the DIGEST so that my inbox was not inundated with individual Phys-L posts.

Now that Phys-L has moved to Buffalo State with archives at <https://carnot.physics.buffalo.edu/archives> I am evidently no longer subscribed to the DIGEST because my inbox has been overwhelmed with individual Phys-L posts.

Please tell me and other subscribers how we can arrange to:

(a) receive ONLY the DIGEST, or else

(b) receive NO MAIL from the list and monitor posts on the archives.

BTW, it seems unfortunate that Phys-L has deserted the great LISTSERV discussion list software that allows easy resetting of options (even "NOMAIL", and provides a marvelous search engine that allows searches by key word, author, subject, time, or any combination thereof.

Physhare, PhysLnrR, and all the AERA lists use LISTSERV. Why not Phys-L?

Are LISTSERV fees regarded by Buffalo State as exorbitant?

24245 Hatteras Street, Woodland Hills, CA 91367
<rrhake@earthlink.net>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~hake>
<http://www.physics.indiana.edu/~sdi>