Re: [Phys-l] heat loads

A question for this august group. I would like to be able to approximate the heat load and cooling load of my house for various outside temperatures. (don't worry about convection as my house is tightly sealed). If I know the heat output of the heater in my house and if I record the heat output at a given outside temperature (while In equilibrium), how many data points would I need to draw a reasonable graph so that I could extrapolate and interpolate the heat load at various outside temperatures?
Would the graph be pretty close to and exponential curve?

Fred Bucheit semi-retired Physics teacher... ~~A stitch in time saves thread and time~~