Re: [Phys-l] Phys-l Digest--mode

There have been some questions about Digest mode (I get the list both
ways), but perhaps the appearance of Vol 13, Issue 40 answers some
questions. This Digest has 3 days worth of posts. It would seem that the
Digest generator should be setup to produce at least one digest each
day--more if traffic is heavy--but not collect 2 or 3 days worth of posts
before sending. If that remains the case, then those receiving digest
mode only will be too far out of date to effectively reply to many
threads.

I agree the digest mode should be set to produce one digest per day
regardless of the digest size. Unfortunately, Mailman was set to do this
from the beginning and should have been sending daily digests. The latest
digest was sent because I manually forced the sending.

I am still looking into the cause of this error and hope to have it fixed
shortly.

Mark
--
Mark O. Kimball
Gasparinilab, University at Buffalo | Low Temperature Physics