Re: [Phys-l] Allowing inline pictures / attachments

Mark (and everyone):

I just let an inline photo message go to see what would happen. I am not
generally in favour of letting inline photos and attachments go through
until we have good virus sweeping proofed. At one time the size of
recipient mailboxes and internet connection speeds were a major constraint
on PHYS-L subscribers. I'm not sure if this is still an issue given that
times have changed. However, we will need some max cap on message size
to avoid flooding mailboxes regardless of the above (to prevent huge photos
or dissertation length attachments etc). It'd be nice to get some
subscriber feedback on this.

I think I prefer to move slowly and conservatively on this; given that we
are still getting our feet under us again.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>