[Phys-L] Re: dividing by vectors

I wrote:

| In Clifford algebra, you _can_ divide by any nonzero vector.
| . . .
| Define (A B / C) to be just (A B C / (C·C)) where (C·C) is a
| scalar, and division by scalars is already well defined.

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

In ordinary vector language, you are not "dividing by a vector".

I disagree.

You are
dividing by the magnitude squared of a vector.

That's part of it, but not the interesting part.

You are dividing by a scalar
and changing the language so that you can say you are dividing by a vector.
What does this add besides confusion?

I have no idea where that is coming from. Let C be a vector.
Then C/C = 1. I'm dividing a vector by a vector. The quotient
is a scalar. In contrast, if I divide C by any nonzero scalar,
the quotient is a vector.

Please explain again why dividing by a vector is the same as
dividing by a scalar.