[Phys-L] Re: What students will do. (was: Physics Solutions Manual)

I agree. However, I tell my students that physics is HOT -- higher order
thinking. There are few, if any, subjects that compare to it. It is hard
to comprehend how the world works. We need good teachers and good books.
But the books are not very inviting. Teach the concepts before the
calculations. I like Hewitt's approach. Maybe too simplified, but at least
you can enjoy reading it and actually learn something. Of course, adding
math to a text always complicates things...

Forum for Physics Educators <PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu> on Wednesday,