[Phys-L] Re: optics terminology

and they probably call those cylindrical things that make the camera
work batteries.

Strange, I've had several Canons (QL 17, two F1's and the T90) and never
a Nikon; now I know why!

bc

Michael Edmiston wrote:

bc said, "And, just for fun I got out my T-90 (top of the line Canon at
the time) manual; they avoid the whole problem by calling it the film
plane mark!"

Oh yeah, well I just got out my Nikon manual and it says "focal plane
mark." So there!

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Physics and Chemistry
Bluffton University