[Phys-L] Re: getting tired

But the road cannot push up on what is not there. The area of the
patch would change if the tread was missing and a slick tire was
used. The correction is not small and is needed to get agreeable
results.

If it were not, the between-tread rubber would be pushed between
the tread until it also pressed on the road.

This gives me some insight on why steel belts are used.

Scott

Scott Goelzer
Physics Teacher
Coe-Brown Northwood Academy