[Phys-L] getting tired

Suppose you know the pressure inside your bike tires and the contact area
between each tire and the ground. Assuming the bike is supported equally
by the two tires, you can determine the weight of the bike.

Here's my question. In using the formula for pressure (P = F/A), do you
use the GAUGE or ABSOLUTE pressure in the tire for this calculation (Pgau
= Pabs - Patm)? I'm thinking gauge since the atmosphere is pushing from
the outside on ALL parts of the bike. And this give rise to a buoyant
force on the bike? Can anyone assist me through this subtle distinction as
it relates to the bike problem?