[Phys-L] Re: the plane truth

Anthony Lapinski wrote:

1) Exactly how does the air travel faster over the wing? If the plane is
going at a constant speed, then shouldn't the speed of air relative to the
wings be the same?

2) I know that some planes can fly upside down. How can this be understood
in terms of lift and Bernoulli's equation?

Two insightful, well-pointed questions.

http://www.av8n.com/how/htm/airfoils.html

I've heard that the air at the front of the wing must
meet again at the back of the wing.

I've heard that the moon is made of green cheese ... but it
ain't necessarily so. It ain't so at all, except maybe on
a set of measure zero.