[Phys-L] Questionable news report

No radiation escaped the building at Union Industries.

Seventy-three people were found to be exposed to levels of radiation
high enough that they had to be decontaminated, Seth said. A tent was
set up between two fire trucks next to the building, and people disrobed
and were washed down one by one.

http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=1151895
<http://wireservice.wired.com/wired/story.asp?section=Breaking&storyId=1151895>

Except under highly unusual conditions, Kr is a non reactive gas.
Seems heavy breathing and standing in front of a fan would be most
effective.

bc, wonders if some one out there can explain.

p.s. a diff. isotope than the fission product. I think I have it:
short (but not very short) half life isotope leaves contamination; right?