[Phys-L] Re: ultrametricity +- evolution

James E Mackey wrote:

Such diagrams are constructed assuming evolution occurs, so how their existence be considered
proof for evolution?

Work with me here:
-- What was the subject of my note, trees or ultrametricity?
-- In my note, which word appeared 12 times as opposed to 3 times,
tree or ultrametric?
-- In my note, which concept did I say was exhibited by the DNA
data that was not exhibited by (say) Euclidean geometry, physics
concepts, or color spaces?
-- In my note, which concept did I say was *not* a matter of
opinion, and which could be checked by an impartial computer
program?

Is there some circular reasoning here?

Not in my note.