From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On
Behalf Of Eugene Mosca
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:56 PM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Definition of voltage

I googled "voltage" and then clicked on the link for the definition
that appears above the listed hits. This returns the responses below
from Answers.com. The definitions listed from WordNet are bizarre.
WordNet is copyrighted by Princeton University. I would like to see
these corrected, but I do not know how to go about it. I suppose I
should ask a librarian.

Gene Mosca

WordNet
Note: click on a word meaning below to see its connections and
related words.
The noun voltage has 2 meanings:
Meaning #1: the rate at which energy is drawn from a source that
produces a flow of electricity in a circuit; expressed in volts
Synonyms: electromotive force, emf

Meaning #2: the difference in electrical charge between two points in
a circuit expressed in volts
Synonyms: electric potential, potential, potential difference,
potential drop

Gene