[Phys-L] Re: Doppler film loop

University of Houston dropped their subscription to The Physics Teacher
about 8 years ago. Ironically this happened shortly after John Leonhardt on
his nationally syndicated PBS radio show "The Engines of Our Ingenuity"
praised this journal. Leonhardt is a professor at UH. Incidentally if you
can get his show, it has some excellent short talks about science,
technology, art, and the ingenuity of individuals.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX

It seems to be a common "malady" among librarians. Ours has dropped not
only the print subscriptions, but now also the electronic subscriptions to
many of the major journals. They dropped our access to the physics search
engines because our "usage parameters didn't justify the subscription"
without telling us. I only found out when I told some of my students
working on research to do a search form some articles and they told me the
search engine was gone. Meanwhile the coffee lounge in the library
continues to expand as shelf space is taken down for new booths