[Phys-L] Re: The view from the Enterprise.

Rick,

I don't think the Terrell Effect is something for Gen. Ed. Students to
actually calculate. It may be something to mention if some of the
students involved seem particularly interested and able, something along
the lines of "here is something interesting that we've been ignoring . .
."

Taking into account relativistic effects, such as Lorentz contraction,
might be a bit much as well. My thought, would be to stick with the
relativistic doppler shifting in the first round of the project.

I'd be curious to here reports back here on Phys-L as to how the project
is going.

Joel Rauber
Department of Physics - SDSU

Joel.Rauber@sdstate.edu