[Phys-L] Re: 'hyperspace' engine

From my anecdotal study, I find ST mirrors our society. e.g. Klingo=
n =3D=20
Soviet empire, third world ("backward") countries have the raw=20
materials, etc.

bc, reader of "How to Read Donald Duck".

"Is Walt Disney that innocent? Why are there no parents in his comic=
=20
books? How come the natives and savages always give up their riches t=
o=20
the duck invaders? What are Huey, Dewey, and Louie doing in Vietnam? =
The=20
Chilean people began to ask these and other questions in revolutionar=
y=20
Chile in 1970. This seminal deconstruction was, of course, banned and=
=20
burned during the fascist period in Chile=E2=80=94and is still banned=
here in=20
America (Disney will sue into oblivion anyone who publishes it). A=
=20
product of the political struggle, the book is a profound and=20
imaginative critique of the sacred cow of children's culture: the Dis=
ney=20
myth. Isn't it time you discovered why the only way you can read it h=
ere=20
is via bootleg."

[AK press advert.]

R. McDermott wrote:

Well, two comments: Firstly, it's "Trekker", not "trekkie", and the
deposits of dilithium always seemed to be found on planets with "bac=
kward"
civilizations (perhaps accounting for the skimpy outfits) by both th=
Federation and either the Romulans or the Klingons simultaneously, s=
o there
was always a struggle for control. Amazing, given the size of the g=
alaxy,
that everybody ended up at the same spot at the same time <g>! So I=
guess I
raised you a geeky, and we're now at geeky squared!