From: Forum for Physics Educators [mailto:PHYS-L@list1.ucc.nau.edu] On
Behalf Of Robert Carlson
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 11:14 AM
To: PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU
Subject: Maximum Physics Lab Enrollment

Our school is in the design phase for a new science
building and one issue is the maximum student
enrollment for labs. Currently, we have a maximum
enrollment of eighteen students per instructor in our
physics and chemistry labs with biology labs ranging
from eighteen to twenty-four students per instructor
depending on the course. Administration wants all
labs to be at a maximum enrollment of twenty-four
students per instructor.

What is your maximum student to instructor enrollment
ratio for first year physics labs? Here, instructor
could be a faculty member and/or a TA.

I'll start with my school, Minneapolis Community &
Technical College. Please add to the table.

School and student to instructor ratio.

Minneapolis Community & Technical College 18/1

Thanks,

Bob Carlson