[Phys-L] Re: World Jump Day

--- Vern Lindberg <vwlsps@RIT.EDU> wrote:

In college (late 60's), the version I heard of this
was that the
Communist Chinese were going to set off earthquakes
to destroy the
western world by having their citizens jump.

A few years ago, this story made the front page of the
Weekly World News, an entirely fictious tabloid sold
at grocery store checkout counters in the US. I think
that it is often funnier than the Onion.

A couple of weeks later, they ran a follow-up article
saying that the US planned a counter jump, but since
there were fewer Americans, they would have to jump
off stools.

Marc "Zeke" Kossover
The Jewish Community High School of the Bay
San Francisco, CA 94121
<http://tochnit.jchsofthebay.org/~zkossover>