[Phys-L] Re: World Jump Day

Distressed that Herb's response revealed a summary line in English
after the Spanish text relayed by Carlos Alberto Vasquez, which I
had missed on the fist pass - I submitted the Spanish text to Babelfish.

AltaVista's translator has been disappointing of late.
But I was impressed. by the quality of the raw translation.
I gardened the text for a conjunction here, a preposition there,
a pronoun, and was pleased with the following:

In order to remove any suspicion about the scientific endorsement
of Hans Peter Niesward, supposedly a professor of the Department
of Gravitational Physics of the ISA/Munich Institute of Germany,
the only test that is offered is a video of low quality.
Of professor Niesward, meanwhile, there are no more data than
those than relate him to this project by means of a simple search
in Internet. Thus while the news ran like a gun-powder trail in
blogs and forums worldwide, looking for answers from
pseudo-scientists (few), the probability is small that this event
is at least practicable and, less still, would obtain the indicated
results.
[via C A Vasquez, trans: Babelfish]