[Phys-L] World Jump Day

I received this website from my physics colleague. The idea is for people
on Earth to simultaneously jump to alter Earth's orbit to reduce global
warming. Yea, I thought it was a joke, too, until I went to the website:

[ http://www.venehammerschlag.com/worldjumpday/
]http://www.venehammerschlag.com/worldjumpday/

This will take place on July 20, 2006. Apparently, nearly 400,000,000
people have already registered, and 600,000,000 are required for this to
work! Is this for real??? I wonder if this group has any affiliation with
the Flat Earth Society...