[Phys-L] OT Institute of Physics - Out of Touch

I saw a note on an instrument list to which I subscribe, inquiring
for details of the Duncan who created the Duncan patent anemometer as
sold by Hicks around 1913.
I made an initial search with Google, then Google Scholar as is my habit.
I found this:

Note on anemometer theory
E Ower & W J Duncan 1927 J. Sci. Instrum. 4 470-475
doi:10.1088/0950-7671/4/15/302
Abstract. A new method of correcting the readings of a vane anemometer for
changes of air density is shown; and some experiments are described for the
determination of the force coefficient K for anemometer blades.
Print publication: Issue 15 (December 1927)
Received 29 July 1927
pdf 402kb

This looked promising, so I clicked on the full text button to take a look.
It was an Institute of Physics holding. As I was not registered, they wanted
$30 for a copy of this article.

Thirty dollars? Completely out of touch with reality, of course.

Brian Whatcott Altus OK Eureka!