[Phys-L] Re: judge rejects i.d. in PA case

"... but is
fundamentally wrong ALWAYS."

As Chomsky says, and writes, there is a tension here. e.g. Should a
Jew, when asked by a Gestapo agent if he is a Jew, not lie?

Did not those fundamentalists consider the court like a gestapo one?

bc, loath to make a moral judgment, but certainly recognizes the
illegality, and irony.

p.s. [personal example] What's the morality of a foreign language Dean
giving my mother a, non existent job offer, letter for my father, so he
could obtain an exit visa from occupied France?

John Mallinckrodt wrote:

Here is an editorial to momentarily warm the heart cockles of those
of us who live in the ever-dwindling reality-based community AND who
continue to hold that willful lying in support of a political agenda
is not MERELY against the law when done under oath, but is
fundamentally wrong ALWAYS.

It seems to me that one of the frightening traits of religious
fundamentalists of all stripes is an unshakeable willingness to let
THEIR ends justify ALL means.

--------
INVESTIGATE PERJURY IN DOVER ID CASE
<http://www.ydr.com/editorial/ci_3330100>

They lied.

William Buckingham and Alan Bonsell wanted to bring God into high
school biology class, and in the process, they lied.

cut