[Phys-L] Re: Uh - oh hope he's only a Sunday creationist

Many years ago, Trudeau insisted through his contract that his strip =
should be run with full size panels. Thus, the larger size. The fir=
st two panels of many Sunday strips are dropped in order to conserve =
space/money.
Glenn Malin
University HS
Irvine, CA

anngeorg@PACBELL.NET 12/19/2005 11:12 AM >>>

This censorship is common w/ Trudeau's strip. Several times the whol=
strip hasn't run. I would possibly agree w/ the IP xcpt w/ modern
software it's very easy to compress or expand the panels. I note our
rag printed the strip w/ panels larger than any of the other comics a=
nd
the first two missing. The last time I noted missing panels I asked m=
LA friend. He reported the times had also skipped the first two pane=
ls.
in that case, if mem. serves, the (step)daughter is observing herse=
lf
in mirror and saying "If you've got it flaunt it." She goes out as
dressed w/ step father's disapproval and mother smiles.

bc

p.s. My impression is this local censors every few months, w/ 1/7 sta=
ts.
(Prints only sundays.)

Shapiro, Mark wrote:

The Los Angeles Times also omitted the first two panes.

I suspect it was a space issue, rather than a political comment. A=
lt=3D
hough one never knows....

Mark