[Phys-L] Re: band gap and temperature

here's an article to add frustration:

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0103-97332004000300031&script=sci_arttext&tlng=en

maybe the references will answer?

bc

Justin Parke wrote:

The band gap of a semiconductor is temperature dependent. According to the textbooks this dependence can be attributed to two mechanisms: the changing of the lattice spacing as temperature changes and the electron-phonon interaction. I am having trouble understanding the details of the latter and the textbooks I have seen are content to merely name the mechanism without specifically describing it.

Can someone provide an explanation or point me to a good source? I have done googling and searched some journal papers.

Thanks as always