[Phys-L] Re: Off Topic (Oil Über Alles) - delete if uninterested

I think that is the answer; I'll add some detail. I'm rather certain
all the oil will be recovered and sold w/ two "caveats". One (repeating
Mark), if alternative energy is very successful, less oil will be
recovered because of peak oil. [after peak oil recovery becomes
progressively more expensive; while alternatives likely become less
expensive.] Two, the current capitalistic zeitgeist is profits as
quickly as possible -- with Kyoto profits will come (possible exception
above), but less quickly.

bc, amateur economist.

Shapiro, Mark wrote:
I suspect that they are of the opinion that they will not be able to sell as much coal and oil

if the Kyoto protocols are in place, and that they will face increased
competition from alternative sources

of energy such as nuclear that do not produce as much carbon dioxide.

Dr. Mark H. Shapiro
cut
On Behalf Of Rauber, Joel