[Phys-L] aapt journal subscriptions

I'm fixing to (a good Southern USA phrase) drop my 10-yr AAPT
membership. The reason is that I am not allowed to subscribe to
*just* the on-line version of TPT and AJP. To get the on-line
version, I must subscribe to the paper version. I'm not
misinterpreting this requirement, am I?

Actually, way back when, I preferred the print version, because I was
conditioned to dislike the idea of an electronic-only copy. Over
time, my attitudes have changed immensely, although interestingly I
would still not buy an electronic-only copy of a textbook except
under limited circumstances.

Cost is a factor, and of course I would hope/expect to save some
money by just subscribing to the on-line version, but I'm very much
in the mood to eliminate clutter, and cutting out the paper journals
are one way to do so. I am aware that there may be reasons,
logistical and/or financial, to not offer such, but I want the choice.

What are other thoughts among list members? Does anyone know the
reasoning behind not offering a choice of on-line versions only? Is
it still an idea whose time has not come?

Stefan Jeglinski