[Phys-L] Re: Light bulbs and Nyquist's Theorem

Hi John-
You and Michael now have a chance to demonstrate how real physics
is done. You cannot, of course, conclude that there is no flash. What
you can conclude, from a negative result, is that any flash was less than
a certain brightness and a certain time interval. My experimental
colleagues spend a great deal of time and energy arguing about the limits
to be deduced from a negative result. This sort of reasoning is what
needs to be taught in elementary labs.
I look forward to your and Michael's analysis of the limits of
your two experiments.
Regards,
Jack