[Phys-L] Re: fogger machine

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:13:23 -0500 Anthony Lapinski
<anthony_lapinski@PDS.ORG> writes:
Has anyone ever bought a fogger machine from a retail store (e.g.,
Wal-Mart, Spencer gifts, etc.)? If so, I am wondering what brands
work best. Are some "noisier" than others? 400 W vs. 700 W? At least
in a
store you can see what you're buying, and sometimes even take it out
of
the box to see its structure, features, etc. This obviously can't be
done
with online retailers. Spencers has a nice FX Fogger for around $25.

I had a fogger machine a few years ago. I no longer have it but here's
three
tips that might help you.

*** 1. Be sure that the fogging solutions that you buy with the fogger do
not cause
allergic or other problems with any of your students in a closed room.

*** 2. Be sure that the doors are closed and the air in the room is
relatively still
or the fog will be rapidly dissipated and useless for demos.

*** 3. If the fogger is to be used in a college or school building be
sure to advise
the authorities, custodians, and others in advance so they are prepared
the event
that the fog triggers a fire alarm.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City