[Phys-L] Re: Refilled Printer Ink Jet Cartridges OK?

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 08:45:45 -0500 Bob Sciamanda <trebor@WINBEAM.COM>
writes:
May I have the benefit of list members' experience with:
1) Re-filled cartridges sold by a third party.

I have used these for several years with no problems. The cartridges are
just like new except that they usually
last longer than new ones because more ink powder is included in them.

2) Having your own empty cartridges re-filled by a third party.

I return the empty cartriges but I'm not sure that these same cartridges
or others are sent back to me.

3) Do-it-yourself refill kits.

I have done this many times with excellent results. It saves a great
deal of money .....
but it is really messy and careful clean-ups are needed afterwards.

Please include the printer/cartridge brand/model, prices, names of
third parties, and an evaluation.

Hewlett-Packard Laset Jet 1200

TonerRefillKits.Com
200 Park Central Boulevard
Suite 2
Pompany Beach Fl 33064-2197
Phone 954 957 9998

My cost was $21.95 per cartridge plus $3.40 for shipping.

They work as good as or better than new ones.

I look forward to seeing your report in a future e-mail. Perhaps
Consumer Reports or other magazines
might be interested in your work also.

Herb Gottlieb from New York City