[Phys-L] Re: Voting Strategy

The top three vote getters will be elected. After voting they will be
ranked 1,2,3,4 with 1,2,3 being elected. I indeed would like more
information about the way the wind is blowing because it seems I would
like to know the likelihood of my candidate being in a contest between 3
and 4 at the same time the bad incumbent is likely to be in slot 1 or 2.

If my candidate has a good chance of ending up 1 or 2 or 3, I should
vote for all three candidates to help assure the bad guy ends up 4.

If the guy I want out is most likely going to end up in the 1 or 2 slot
regardless of my vote, and my candidate is likely to be in a contest for
the 3 or 4 slot, then voting only for my candidate would help assure he
ends up 3 rather than 4.

I am, of course, expressing my views to as many people as I can. The
only advanced polling I have is to drive around town and count the yard
signs. If these are anywhere close to accurate, and I see tons of signs
for the bad guy, I might vote for just my guy. If I see lots of signs
for my guy, I might vote for the three good ones.

Comments?

Michael D. Edmiston, Ph.D.
Professor of Chemistry and Physics
Bluffton University