From: "Marc "Zeke" Kossover" <zeke_kossover@YAHOO.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU>
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 7:53 AM
Subject: Re: Natural Gas versus Electricity

It is hard to imagine that electric blankets could
cause cancer in the usual ways since the radiation is
of such low energy. After all, the frequency is only
60 Hz. The infrared radiation is the same as from any
other warm source. According to PubMed
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Search&db=PubMed&term=electric+blanket+cancer&tool=QuerySuggestion>,
large studies have shown little effect on breast
cancer or testicular cancer. (There was one notable
exception in a smaller study of African American
women.)