[Phys-L] Re: Natural Gas vs Electricity - conserving energy

At 9:35 AM -0400 10/26/05, Edmiston, Mike wrote:

If we set a particular room's temperature to 68F, many people
(particularly older people, and also some women of any age) complain
about it being cold. The trustees get verbal and written complaints
from elderly members about how we need to consider keeping them warm.
On the other hand, if we set the temperature at 70. or especially at 71
or 72 (where some demand it) we often find a window or two left open.

Leave the thermostats in the rooms, but behind the walls disconnect them
from actually doing anything. Within a reasonable range people will feel
fine if they think they have control over the temperature.

Larry